Being an address collector is not what you think of when it comes time to send out invitations for weddings, bridal showers or when sending out holiday cards or birth announcements. But collecting addresses and keeping track of whose address you have and whose you don’t can be a pain. Then once you have everyone’s address, when it comes time the next year to send out holiday cards again how can you be sure those addresses are up-to-date?
Don’t worry, Spiral has got you covered!
Before collecting addresses, you'll need to pick the people for your mailing list
With Spiral, collecting addresses and keeping them updated is the easy part. But first, you’ll need to figure out the list of people you want for your event, invitations, cards, or mailing list.
You can start by adding contacts from your phone, importing an existing spreadsheet, or type them in manually. We recommend creating Lists in Spiral to keep your contacts organized. Don’t worry about any contacts that are missing information, since Spiral will help you collect everything that’s missing. Just make sure your contacts have at least a phone number or email address so we can reach out on your behalf.
How do I collect addresses - a step-by-step guide
- Sign up for a free Spiral account
- We give you a personal link
- Email or text it to friends, family, or coworkers
- They click the link, fill out a quick form, and their information magically appears in your address book!
How to easily collect addresses you are missing or ask for updated information
*Requires Spiral Premium
Using the “Request updates” feature, you can have Spiral reach out on your behalf to your contacts to ask them to update their contact information. Your contacts will receive an email with a link to a form they can fill out. They will be able to see the contact information you already have, fill in what’s missing, update anything that’s out of date, or simply just confirm everything is still accurate.
Spiral also makes it easy to which of your contacts are missing addresses so you can easily request updates from them.
How do I collect missing addresses or ask for updated information - a step-by-step guide
- Sign up for Spiral’s Premium subscription (3 day free trial)
- From any Spiral List or from the All Contacts view, you will see a Request Updates button
- The Request Updates button will include a count of any contacts that are missing addresses
- Click on Request Updates to view a list of contacts that are missing addresses and see when the last time you asked for updated information (so you don’t accidentally ask them too many times)
- Click submit on this form and Spiral will send out emails to your contacts asking them to update their contact information for you
With Spiral’s address assistant, you’ll always be able to keep addresses up-to-date!